So after flunking out of Monster Hunter: World the other day, I decided to give Black Desert Online another shot.
I’d played it before briefly on my old computer, which didn’t handle the graphics well and consequent made the combat too annoying. But I have a new computer now, and I reinstalled it, and… I’m really enjoying it?
- Really obnoxiously pretty (and fanservicey!) characters in the character creator.
- Combat is pretty fun, even for noobs like me who aren’t great at that “action combo buttons” style of play.
- Interesting zone mechanics around exploration and unlocking content. (Talking to NPCs actually matters!)
- Cities actually feel alive and populated, even in lowbie zones.
- Anime Nazis… anime fucking Nazis every fucking where.
- Like I’m not even kidding the first zone I was playing in was controlled by a guild whose Pepe the Frog fucking avatar was slapped on every guard in the city.
- I turned off all chat and nameplates and play like it’s an offline RPG makes the experience much better A++ would recommend.
- Can only be a human.