So, you’d like to invite me to do a guest post and/or author interview for your blog and/or publication. First of all, thank you! I’m flattered you thought of me. Second, my time is (sadly) not unlimited, which means the time I spend writing guest posts is time I’m not spending writing books. With that in mind, here are some guidelines.
- First of all, I love interviews. Specifically, I love it when you ask me about my works or my work. I will pretty much always answer questions.
- For ad hoc or one-off questions, your best bet is to either email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org(for a private reply) or to ask via my Tumblr (for a public reply).
- For more formal interviews you’d like to use at your own website/podcast/publication, please email
email@example.com, with information about your site/podcast/publication, a list of questions, when you plan on publishing the finished article, and any other information you think I might need.
Guest posts (mine)
I’m a bit more picky about guest posts than I am about interviews, since I tend not to enjoy writing them as much. With that in mind, here are the rules:
- If you’d like me to write a guest post or article for your site or publication, first you need to give me a topic. I’m much more likely to respond to these rather than to generic “write about whatever you want” style requests. I have my own blog for freeform rants. For you, tell me what you want.
- Secondly, let me know what the rate of pay for the article will be. If it’s nothing, that’s fine, but be honest about that. Don’t tell me it’s “for exposure”.
- Let me know the average engagement rates for your site/publication. That means roughly how many hits per day, how many comments per article, rates of conversion, and so on. This is important, particularly for unpaid gigs. If I wanted to scream into an empty void, I’d do it here.
Once you’ve got all that, send the request to
firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have a chat.
Guest posts (yours)
If you would like to have your content featured here on alisfranklin.com, I will consider articles on the following topics:
- book promotions and blog tours
- author interviews
- articles on writing, publishing, or related subjects
- promotions for book- and publishing-related projects, such as subscription boxes, podcasts, other blogs, and so on.
If you’d like to pitch something, send it to
email@example.com and we can have a chat.