. . . one more. Lain’s “regular” look.
Obviously the first thing I used the Lain paperdoll for was dressing him up in his previous incarnation’s previous incarnation’s clothes . . .
(People who were extremely, ahem, cool in the early 2000s may, in fact, recognise this outfit is pretty much taken straight from the one Max wears in Gloomcookie . . .)
Aah, yes. In the “anatomy practice” stage of the paper doll.
- How the hell did this loser’s character design get somehow worse to draw in the last, like, twenty-five years?
- I like how all the scribbly women on his left arm look like penises. (I decided to leave them, because lol.)
- There is one really glaring continuity error (actually the same error is repeated a few times, but it’s particularly obvious in one place), which if anyone can point out you win all the Viking Age Nitpicker Internet Points forever.
I re-read some old stuff and . . . Wyrdverse AU? Oooh yeah it is boi.
A few wonky lines, but not too bad for Week #2. Also rounded corner boxes are a huge pain, as it turns out.
Materials: Paperblanks dot grid journal. Copic SP 0.5 and BS. White Uni-ball Signo white broad. Tombow ABT 992 & 126 (plus more for the moth).
Currently making: Experimental Poncho. Because I like ponchos, and don’t like following patterns.
- I love this yarn so much. It has a beautiful soft texture and half of me knitting is just me wanting to feel it more in my hands.
- How does one consistently make the yarn join knots go on the back? I’ve mostly managed it but one snuck through to the front and… guh.
- So the idea is this will be a cowl neck. When I get to the main part should I flip the work over so the knit-stitch side is “outside” for both the neck and the body?
- I need to learn how to add stitches. I think I might have to get out my little needles and make a mini version in practice to get the shapes down… (Pattern? What pattern?)
- I am going to need a bigger wire for the body part.
- I am definitely going to need more yarn, which is a pain because the company ships via FedEx and FedEx is awful…
Cleaning up the 5,000+ photos on my phone and… have a random assortment of old-ass art. Featuring lots of tabletop RPG characters, terrible photography, inconsistent character designs, my old Gaia Online avatar from circa 2009… and a picture of Lain in the Dashcon ball pit.